Feb 10, 2009

SHOCKER IN THE CRICKET STADIUM

It was a convincing series win for India in Sri Lanka. Cricket is not by a long way my favourite sport, and I did point that out in my earlier post 'Cricket and the Olympic medal.' But for good or for bad, Cricket in India, is a national pastime. So how can I keep myself completely cut off from the national mainstream? And to be honest the 20-20 format of the game is fun to watch. And today's match against Sri Lanka was indeed a cracker. I don't remember the last time the Indians put up such a spectacular show, winning a series so convincingly, especially on foreign soil.

My heartiest congratulations to the 'Men in Blue' for a most convincing victory in the series. Full marks to the Pathan brothers in particular for having played a cameo role in today's dramatic win.

However I was shocked to see the flamboyant Yuvraj Singh come out to the field to receive prizes(surely he knew he was due to get a few prizes) that he probably richly deserves, in shorts………………………………… and more shockingly bathroom slippers.

Come on man! Grow up. The country is watching you. You think you are Cool. I think you are a Fool.

2 comments:

  1. You can get latest news and updated of Cricket and IPL2009 News from my site Cricket And IPL News 2009. There is also a poll going on who will win the IPL2009 and I hope you will participate in the poll. I am also looking to exchange link with. If interested, do let me know.

    Thanks
    Rinki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rinki, if You want to read my views on cricket, read my post at http://maverickindianmusings.blogspot.com/2008/10/cricket-and-olympic-medal.html.
    Look fwd to seeing you around again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time off for your comments. It means a lot to me. Do visit again.